Information & FAQ'S
What time does Oro’17 start and finish?
Gates open from 10.00am on April 8th. Entertainment will commence at 11.00am. The last acts will finish on Saturday at 11pm.
What is the age restriction?
You must be 18 years of age and above.
Do i need ID?
ID with proof of age will be required to gain entry
Can I bring alcohol to Oro’17?
No, don’t bring any alcohol to Oro’17 - it is prohibited to enter the licensed site with your own alcohol. Our security teams are located onsite to enforce this condition by searching at all points of entry and randomly across the site.
Will there be Pass-Outs?
Can I smoke at Oro’17?
There is a designated smoking area.
Do I need to print my ticket or can I show it on my phone?
Please have your ticket printed and ready when you arrive at the gate. Although our technology will allow for smart phone ticket scanning, this is unreliable out in a field with patchy data connection. As a courtesy to other festival-goers, avoid delays and ensure smooth entry please be prepared. To save paper print your ticket on the back of an old document.
What is the difference between VIP and Standard tickets?
The VIP ticket holders have access to the VIP Zone: Deluxe toilets, Dedicated VIP Garden Bar with extra seating and tables.
Group Ticket Special (Limited time offer)
Groups of 3 and above can buy a group priced ticket that brings down the price of tickets by 20%. Get your mates together and make a saving.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with my ticket?
Call Ticketmaster 0800 111 999 or check www.ticketmaster.co.nz they look after all ticketing matters
· Buses departing to the festival from Auckland CBD and the Kumeu Showgrounds park and ride facility will cease at 3.00pm.
· Buses will begin departing the festival for the return trip from approx. 9.45pm as demand requires.
· Age ID checks, bag searches and alcohol confiscation will be conducted at both Auckland CBD and Kumeu Showgrounds bus pick up locations.
Why must we use buses/shuttles to the forest?
Due to the special nature of the forest environment there is no parking available at the venue, except for the very limited amount of VIP + Parking ticket buyers. The access road to the festival will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians. The only way for ticket holders to get to and from the festival site is via ORO17 buses from either the Auckland CBD or our park and ride facility at Kumeu Showgrounds.
Choose your bus departure location on the Ticketmaster site when you purchase your tickets, options are:
- Auckland CBD - The Quay Street bus pick up/drop off is located at 132 Quay Street between Gore and Commerce Streets.
- Park and ride facility at Kumeu Showgrounds - only a 12 minutes trip to the forest.
The AWOP cashless system will be used on site for purchases.
VIP PARKING PASS
What is the Parking Pass?
There were very limited numbers of parking passes that have now all gone. .
Other people in your car with a purchased ORO event tickets can come with you in the vehicle. They must have a ticket though!
What if I don’t have a VIP Parking Pass?
Your vehicle will not be allowed to enter the festival site without one.
Do I need a VIP Parking Pass for my motorbike?
TERMS & CONDITIONS
· No ID, no entry.
· No pass outs.
· No glass.
· No animals.
· No weapons or other items which could be used as weapons.
· No sports hydration-type back packs permitted. There will be a free water tanker available onsite.
· BYO alcohol is not permitted at the event, at bus pick up locations or on buses.
· Please be aware that there is a permanent liquor ban in place in the Auckland CBD and any attempts to bring alcohol to the bus pick up location will be in breach of the ban.
· Confiscated alcohol will not be returned.